Monday 10 October 2016

America is better than this....

I'm late to the table on this subject as I've been busy and away. But I must say this. What Donald Trump said about trying to bed a married woman and how he can get away with groping and kissing women because he's "a star" is without a doubt unacceptable behavior. It is without a doubt sexual harassment. I do not know any men who talk this way. Certainly not my Father or brothers or husband. And I don't know anyone who'd like their wives, daughters, mothers, sisters etc talked about in this way much less groped and kissed by him or anyone in that manner.

Some of the things you can hear him bragging about on the recording:

I did try and fuck her. She was married.
I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn’t get there. And she was married.
About a woman nearby he said this, remember, he's a married man. Yeah, that’s her, with the gold. I’ve got to use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. I just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.

I'm not making this up, you can hear him say these things in his own voice. And he's not denied it either. He has shrugged it off as 'Locker Room Banter'. 

When he made those statements in 2005 he was 59 years old and he was newly married to his current and third wife Melania (January 2005) and I understand she was pregnant at the time. As I don't know the exact date of recording I can't confirm that, but it was close as their Son Barron was born in March of 2006.

The year before in 2004 in an interview with Howard Stern he agreed that his daughter Ivanka Trump was a “piece of ass”. He's also said several times in interviews on TV and radio how sexy his daughter is and how he'd date her if he could. That's no way for a father to talk about his daughter. I don't care who you are. I know for sure my Father would not be comfortable with this and neither would the father of my daughters or any father that I know. No respectable father would be.

All of this is objectifying women and making sexual harassment a normal and OK thing to do. This is all unacceptable behavior for a roll model for our children. We can not allow this to become the norm, we can do better than this. We are better than this. America is better than this. 


The real kicker here? The majority of his supporters who think this is acceptable behavior and have been defending him, they claim to be Christians. How exactly does that work?


PS.... (Added 11 October, 2016)

I don't want to live in a world where this is the norm, and it deeply saddens me that I know so many people that think this is perfectly acceptable. But I don't hate them and I don't love them any less and I don't treat them with disdain. .... But they do me.

No comments:

Post a Comment