Saturday 19 October 2013

Photoshoot with Lorca Simons

Been thinking about blogging again, then thought what better time to start than now! :-D Especially after a fab shoot with the lovely Lorca Simons. This was actually a quick shoot after working on another project together, a project which I will share with you soon. OK, back to this photoshoot.
We were kindly loaned this lovely warehouse space on the Upper Mills Estate in Stonhouse, Gloucestershire to shoot in. Sadly we didn't have much time but we made the best of the time we had. Thank you Adrian of MRG Systems for letting us use the space.

Beautiful light, beautiful model, what more could you ask for? The above shot is all natural light coming from the window. I directed Lorca to move her face until the light was just falling on the right side of her face and the light was catching her eyes. I was hand holding my camera (Canon 5D II) with a 100mm f2.8L macro lens. I really loved the light coming through this window...and the ivy growing through the broken glass. My husband thinks she looks like she's in a Mexican jail cell.

Next I set up some off camera flashguns and tried to capture Lorca dancing.
 Flash on camera left was up on a light stand aimed down towards the subject and was the key light. Flash on camera right was on the floor and aimed up at the ceiling and was only adding a bit of fill light.
I captured lots of these images but so far these are my favourites. I've only quickly went through them though and I'm sure to find a few more gems in there. Problem is finding time to go though them. I'm excited to say that I'm very busy with work and don't have a lot of time for play...but we must make time now and then. ;-)
I'm looking forward to showing you the project we are working on soon. I'm also looking forward to working/playing with Lorca some more soon too. I really love working with her. Ok playing. :-D Playing is when our best creativity comes out, don't ya think? :-)

As many of you know, I also do a couple of radio shows on our local community radio. I do the SWAN Show which is Stroud Women At Noon, weekly on Wednesdays...at Noon. :-) And I also do Beyond the Lens, photography on the radio. I know, I'm nuts, but it's fun. This is a monthly show, first Tuesday of the month. I'm not a great radio presenter as I'm still learning, but it's fun learning and I hope you enjoy tuning in.

I particularly enjoyed doing this months Beyond the Lens show as I received a special invite to go to London for the launch of Olympus's new compact system camera and I got to interview Damian McGillicuddy for the show. You can still catch that on Listen Again on StroudFM by following the link I just made. :-)

If you have an idea for an upcoming radio show of either Beyond the Lens or SWANS, please let me know. I'd love to hare from you! x

No comments:

Post a Comment