Sunday 14 December 2008

A Christmas Lunch with Cyclist

Yesterday, Saturday, we went to visit a friend to collect a couple of free standing book shelves. We wound up staying the afternoon and Peter built three free standing book shelves for her then we collected the two we came to collect. We also came away with a small bedside lamp and a keyboard with stand. We are going to pay her for the keyboard even though she tried to give it to us for all the help with the book shelves. Peter didn't want payment for building the shelves, what else are friends for? :-)

Today was the joint Christmas Lunch with the Stonehouse Wheelers and the Stroud Valleys Cycling Club. I got up a bit late and had so much to do that I missed the start of the ride, so I stayed behind and finished up what I was doing then drove to the Pub for lunch with the clubs. Was best anyway as I had so much to carry. Lots of people were expecting me to show up with the Club Calendars for them to buy. We had a lovely meal and a lovely time. Sadly I didn't take my camera so I have no photos to show. I should have taken it though, there were several others there with cameras, two even had DSLRs. Oh well, next time. :-p

Tomorrow Peter will be off working in London again. I'm so tempted to try and tag along. I'd like a day Christmas shopping in London, but it would cost around £50 for a train ticket for me. Why does everything have to be so expensive?!! Never mind, we will be traveling up to London on Saturday so we can be at the airport early Sunday morning to pick up my daughter Sarah. YaY!!! I can't wait to see her. My baby is 16 now, so hard to believe!

Here is a photo of my two beautiful daughters from last Christmas:


No comments:

Post a Comment